Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So, how's bar studying going?

An innocuous enough question from non-J.D.s, I suppose, but one that's likely to result in being on the receiving end of a long diatribe. In the name of efficiency and making more time to study subjects I never seem to improve in, I've boiled it down to a couple of sentences.


Q: How is bar studying going?

A: It's like trying to pile two gallons of jello into a one-gallon Tupperware container. You can balance a little cherry-flavored Evidence on the top, but the Choice of Law with the slice of pineapple in it just falls off the other side of the pile, so you go to pick that up and all your equal protection pudding slides off.


As for the long answer, I'm in hell and I can't find a way out. My final bar review substantive class was yesterday; the topic was Domestic Relations. I attempted an essay on Domestic Relations with a side of Commercial Paper this morning, only to find that not a single one of the issues in the essay was covered in our class or in the gigantic "mini" outline they gave us.

No comments: